Saturday, May 14, 2011

Wk2 Reading Comment 1 on Hunter Looney's Blog Post

Judy De Los Santos said...

Hunter,
Sometimes crazy ideas are the most brilliant! Empowering a student to work to the best of their ability is a goal every teacher should have. I, like you, will be changing things around to make a bigger difference because of the information in this book.
May 14, 2011 3:44 PM



Hunter Looney's Blog Post

Week 2 Blog Post 1 Reading: Giving an A
Giving an A
This chapter REALLY resonated with me. If we change our perceptions of individuals then they change their perceptions of themselves. This empowers them. If most students feel like they are A students then most of them will produce A work. This idea is crazy enough that it just might work. I plan on trying this in the fall. I have been transferred from teaching Biology I at a high school to teaching 7th grade Science. I am totally revamping my teaching and this looks to be a welcome addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment